Thursday, September 16, 2010

That Simple?



There she goes, walking down the street. She's wearing cheap crystal jewelry and shorts too small, but she looks like she's on top of the world. What puts the spring in her step, the light in her eyes? What rocks her world? What makes her shine? Is it as simple as it seems to be? Simple as it seems...I wonder.


She's arm in arm with a girl her own age and they're giggling at overpriced shoes. Smiling at a baby boy, trying on matching blouses, seeing how ridiculous they can look. Is it as simple as it seems to be? Simple as it seems...I wonder.


Hershey chocolate. Pink mechanical pencils. Hannah Montana hats. Homework together. Glittery green eyeshadow. Girl talk and texting. Tears on a shoulder. Splitting a sandwich. Is it as simple as it seems to be? It's just as simple as it seems.

1 comment:

Sylace said...

I love this Abby. I really do. My Hello Kitty does, too.